Weight Loss is a goal for many people – and now wellness fans are claiming that adding this drink to your weight loss diet plan can help burn fat, maybe even more so than a weight loss tea.
The main ingredients in the drink, turmeric, cinnamon and ginger have been linked to weight loss for many years.
Ginger and turmeric are actually from the same family Zingiberaceae. They have very similar effects, yet turmeric is considered to be more powerful. Combining both can multiply their benefits.
Benefits of Turmeric
Its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties are highly valued as they ease symptoms of muscle injuries and disorders like arthritis.
Given its high antioxidant content, it treats the cellular damage caused by free radicals and improves metabolic function to help you lose weight more easily.
Some of its main nutrients include:
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamins A, C and E.
- Minerals like calcium, potassium, sodium, iron, magnesium and zinc.
Ginger Has Many Benefits
Gingerol is the main bio-active compound in ginger, responsible for much of it’s medicinal properties. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidants effects.
Ginger appears to be highly effective against nausea and morning sickness.
Ginger has been shown to be effective against exercise-induced muscle pain.
The anti-inflammatory effects can help with osteoarthritis.
Anti-inflammatory effects can also aid in menstrual pains.
Cinnamon’s Benefits Include
Antioxidants which protect the body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
It helps the body fight infections and repair tissue damage.
Cinnamon oil can treat respiratory tract infections caused by fungi.
Helps with inflammation as well.
Cinnamon is well known for its blood sugar lowering effects.
This combo of turmeric, ginger and cinnamon is great for weight loss. These three spices are considered “warming” in TCM and help with creating fire in our bodies, aiding in digestion and weight loss.
Weight Loss Tonic with Turmeric, Ginger And Cinnamon
- 2 cups of water.
- One cup of chopped ginger.
- 1 tsp of organic turmeric.
- 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Raw honey to taste.
- Add the turmeric and ginger to the cup of hot water, then stir in the honey.
- Make sure to stir well because the turmeric has a tendency to stick to the bottom.
- Toss in a pinch of cinnamon and let sit for 5 minutes.
How To Drink
- Drink before breakfast, or even after.
- Drink up to two cups a day for 7 days.
- Take a break for two weeks, then begin taking the remedy again.
- Another excellent way to enjoy the benefits of this remedy is to take it at least three time a week as a part of your regular diet.
- Those suffering from liver disease should avoid excessive consumption of turmeric to prevent the liver from becoming overloaded.
- Do not take if you have gall stones.
- It may interfere with anticoagulant medications.
Drink according to the above recommendations and increase your sense of well-being.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Pinterest. Thank you! <3